- August 2, 2017 -
Four candidates accepted nominations to run for the position of Secretary-General of the International Society for Teacher Education. In alphabetical order, the nominees are
- Jacky Pow from Hong Kong who was nominated by Colin Mably and Nuray Senemoglu.
- Mmankoko Ramorola from South Africa who was self-nominated.
- Susan Tilley from Canada who was nominated by Karen Bjerg Petersen.
- Micheal VanWyck from South Africa who was nominated by Fulufhelo F. Mukhati
Two people were nominated for the two openings on the Executive Board. Because only two people were nominated, they will be declared as the new board members by the Election Committee. Their term will begin with the seminar in Japan in May, 2018. They are as follows
- Ailwei Solomon Mawela – from South Africa nominated by Rudzani Israel Lumadi
- Katie Weir – from Australia – self nominated
- August 1, 2017 -
|Date:||13 - 18 May, 2018|
Myoko-city, Joetsu-city and Itoigawa-city,